(2016-11-06) The Rise And Fall Of Dance Dance Evolutionary
The Rise And Fall Of Dance Dance Evolutionary
Summary: A group of heroes out for a fun time at the Downtown Funk run into trouble with an upper classman.
Date: 2016-11-06
Related: None
NPCs: Dance Dance Evolutionary
Scene Runner: Wojtek
Players:
wojtek..claudine..dyna..jacob..tabitha..

It's a school night technically, so the Downtown Funk is observing school hours for the day. At the moment, the inside of the club is bouncing, a mix of new wave techno mixed with an old school back beat and a dash of J-pop. Which a certain giant bear doesn't understand. Though the club reminded him a lot of his home in the way that the place to be at night was one of the tightly controlled social and dance clubs. Currently decorated in a few neon strands handing off of him, the bear is bobbing his head out of time with the music.

The rest of the club is bobbing about though it's not a terribly large gathering for the evening. The DJ continues to spin and circulate the hits as the normals are chattering with each other over the music while several students from around Coral Springs are milling about as well.

It's not exactly Claudine's thing. The Hawaiian Filipina is really more into booty shaking hip hop and rap than this. Still, she was dragged out and is on the dance floor, doing her best to 'dance' to this kind of music. Really, that just means trying to be sexy while raising your arms in the air and swaying her hips from side to side. Her eyes are closed, so she's completely oblivious to who might be next to her as she just feels the beat of the music through her body and sways in long languid motions, to and fro from side to side.

Giant bear? Eh, it happens, the school's got an uplifted monkey in the student body too. Pretty little islander? Awesome. Then there's Jacob, who's too pale-skinned to pull off the aw-shucks farmer boy look, but otherwise he's pretty close. He's no expert dancer either but he's got raw ability to spare. And endurance, too; Dine could whack him square with an elbow and he might not even notice.

Dyna likes dancing. It is, maybe, the only hobby she really has. Unfortunately, grace and charisma roll off her like water on wax paper and her dancing isn't exactly fluid or graceful. Nor is her hoodie and jeans outfit either, really.

But she's there, seemingly having sectioned off a little space on the dance floor for herself. She still has a few scratch marks and butterfly bandages from the rescue mission but, for the most part, she seems to have recovered.

Noticing Dyna in the crowd, and the only person that Wojtek recognizes, the bear shimmies and tries to make his way through the crowd. Unfortunately, he is a bear, so there is a lot of grunts and rumbles and one squeal of a girl as the large bear bumps into a few people before he ends up near the android and offers her one of the numerous neon necklaces hanging from his neck.

As the others are dancing or lounging, there comes a commotion from the front of the club. There's a few shouts and noises that may be drowned out from the music before suddenly a figure makes his way in. Dressed in a bright neon track suit with lots of neon and white that shows up gorgeously under the blacklights, the young man has flourscent paint on his face like war paint as his hat is backwards on his head and he calls out.

"Yo yo yo! This music is /bunk/! Give the Dance Dance Evolutionary and his posse a /beat/!"

His posse? That would be the group of four skeletons that's fanning out behind him, decorated in glow necklaces and leis and feather stoles. One of them has an oversized cat in the hat stove top hat on, while another is wearing a clock around his neck.

Those that know of DDE's powers know that he's a powerful psychic that gives off an aura that compels those around him to dance. While they are normally able to act outside of this, apparently the telepath has been able to get these skeletons completely under his thrall. Noticing Claudine standing there looking all fine with her tanned skin and slow movements, he grins maliciously. "There, she'll be my dance partner tonight!" he demands with a chuckle. And maybe even his girlfriend, oh goodness!

<FS3> Opposed Roll — DDE=10 Vs Claudine=Psychic+Dance
< DDE: Good Success Claudine: Success
< Net Result: DDE wins - Marginal Victory
<FS3> Opposed Roll — DDE=10 Vs Dyna=Psychic+Dance
< DDE: Good Success Dyna: Embarassing Failure
< Net Result: DDE wins - Crushing Victory
<FS3> Opposed Roll — DDE=10 Vs Jacob=Psychic+Dance
< DDE: Good Success Jacob: Good Success
< Net Result: Jacob wins - Marginal Victory
<FS3> Opposed Roll — DDE=10 Vs Wojtek=Psychic+Dance
< DDE: Success Wojtek: Good Success
< Net Result: Wojtek wins - Marginal Victory
<FS3> Claudine rolls Dance: Success.

Under thrall or not, it seems like the Dine is going to continue to dance. She was blissfully unaware of what's going on, nor is she aware that she's being targeted as a potential girlfriend to the psychic DJ. Her eyes remain closed for a few moments, as there's something in her that simply wants to dance, whether or not the music is really her type, but then there's the slight change of hip hop.

Okay, she can definitely get into this. It starts with a slow head bob to the beat of the song and mouthing of the lyrics if it's something she recognizes. Her shoulders move up and down, in isolation as she starts bending down before standing back up. And if it's one of those hip-hop line dances, she'll get into the groove, cause there's already preplanned choreography to that! It's in the lyrics. Tell 'em what to do!

<FS3> Jacob rolls Dance: Failure.

It's a close thing, the tug at Jacob's mind. He can feel that compulsion trying to set in… and not quite finding purchase. Oh, he /is/ still dancing anyway, because so far, this just seems like harmless fun anyway. And also, if that changes, he wants to be in position to do something about that.

<FS3> Dyna rolls Dance: Good Success.

Dyna is just reaching for one of the glowsticks before her face flickers in a strange, confused expression. While absolutely a machine, there's enough of a person in there that she's still vulnerable to psychic trickery - in this case, /quite/ vulnerable. Maybe it is the fact that she has always enjoyed dancing. Maybe.

"I appear to have lost control of my motor functions," Dyna states matter-of-factly and only somewhat perturbed. She pop-locks and shuffles for a moment, pulling off a move she probably wasn't capable of until this point, before falling into the rhythm of the hip-hop floor.

<FS3> Wojtek rolls Dance: Success.

As Dyna makes it clear that she's having an operational problem, Wojtek blinks confusion. What does she mean that she's lost control of her motor functions? The large bear glances around as he notices DDE and the skeleton and the large bear rumbles angrilly. He knows those creatures, and what they are more than capable of doing. Moving to follow after Dyna, he prepares for pretty much anything at this time.

In the meantime DDE sidles up to Claudine, bumping into her hip but not yet grinding with her, thankfully. "I've seen you around the school, I didn't know you were such a dancer, however. Perhaps I will teach you a few moves." he offers, a grin on his face as he makes the offer to Claudine to get in closer to her. The skeletons, in the meantime, continue to dance and sway along, bobbing to the beat of the hip hop.

<FS3> Claudine rolls Dancing: Good Success.
<FS3> Claudine rolls Alertness: Success.

All those hula lessons paid off. Those hips definitely DO NOT LIE. Claudine snaps out of her reverie at the sudden hip bump as she looks towards the senior. Her brows quirk a little at the sudden grinding, a little nonplussed at the whole thing. "Shakira and Bey have nothing on me." she says cheekily with a wry waggle of her brows. "But maybe another time. I just came here to dance…" A beat. "By myself." she says matter of factly, rebuffing the senior as she starts to move away. And are those skeletons in her peripheral vision?!?

Following Dyna is probably an exercise in frustration. Every few steps towards DDE, she pauses to pull off a move or just dance in place for a moment or two. She seems to be able to redirect some of it to take her closer to the figure responsible for it all, although she notes the presence of the skeletons and tags them as a possible threat. "You heard her," Dyna tells DDE as she gets closer. "Leave."

Jacob is doing kind of a lousy job of dancing, now that he's gotten self-conscious about it. He wanders over closer to DDE and Claudine, though, shooting Dyna a silent thumbs up from behind the guy's back.

<FS3> Opposed Roll — DDE=10 Vs Dyna=Psychic
< DDE: Good Success Dyna: Success
< Net Result: DDE wins - Solid Victory
<FS3> Opposed Roll — DDE=10 Vs Claudine=Psychic
< DDE: Good Success Claudine: Success
< Net Result: DDE wins - Solid Victory
<FS3> Claudine rolls Dancing: Failure.
<FS3> Dyna rolls Dancing: Success.

That's when the mental mojo is a bit more of a compulsion against something she doesn't want to do. Claudine lets out a gasp as she looks towards Dyna, and starts moving her way, dancing pretty much to the choreography of Thriller. Yes, she knows that choreo much like she does most of the Jackson's hits, both Michael and Janet's. "You know, this is why I said no!" she oomphs, raising her arms up in the air and begins flailing with no beat and rhythm whatsoever. This is what happens when her mind gets borked. "I knew you were a Trump supporter by this behavior!" she calls out.

And as she loses her self control, so does her control over the geothermal currents beneath tectonic plates shift. Due to her heightened emotional response, a slight rumbling can be felt in the building. A minor earthquake for a few seconds, somewhere around a 4 on the richter scale.

<FS3> Opposed Roll — Jacob=Super Strength Vs Skeleton=10
< Jacob: Good Success Skeleton: Success
< Net Result: Jacob wins - Solid Victory
<FS3> Opposed Roll — Dyna=physical+dancing Vs Skeleton=10
< Dyna: Good Success Skeleton: Great Success
< Net Result: Skeleton wins - Solid Victory
<FS3> Opposed Roll — Wojtek=Physical Vs Skeleton=10
< Wojtek: Good Success Skeleton: Great Success
< Net Result: Skeleton wins - Marginal Victory

For a moment, Dyna is compelled to try and dance with Claudine, turning to her and holding out her hands before she manages to reign in the foreign impulse and bring the bacchian madness to an end - if only for a moment.

Thriller. Oh, hey, she knows this song. She eyes off one of the Skeletons and stomps, claps and shimmies her way towards it and the bar.

The ground shakes as she moves the grapple the bar-wrecking skeleton, throwing her off.

Way too predictable, DDE. Everyone knows /that/ beat! And on the next down beat, just as another skeleton tilts to the opposite side, Jacob abruptly turns and swings a fist square into its center of mass. Question is, /can/ you knock the wind out of a skeleton, or do you have to literally rip it into pieces?

<FS3> Opposed Roll — Skeleton1=6 Vs Claudine=Physical+Dancing
< Skeleton1: Success Claudine: Good Success
< Net Result: Claudine wins - Marginal Victory
<FS3> Opposed Roll — Skeleton2=6 Vs Dyna=Physical+Dancing
< Skeleton2: Great Success Dyna: Good Success
< Net Result: Skeleton2 wins - Solid Victory
<FS3> Opposed Roll — DDE=10 Vs Jacob=Mind+Psychic
< DDE: Amazing Success Jacob: Success
< Net Result: DDE wins - Crushing Victory
<FS3> Opposed Roll — Skeleton3=6 Vs Wojtek=Physical
< Skeleton3: Good Success Wojtek: Good Success
< Net Result: DRAW

Wojtek was starting to make a move on a skeleton, but the tremors seem to affect him directly as the large bear stumbles and falls, growling and grumbling as he rolls to the side, using his flub to protect himself from the attack of the incoming skeleton, the two of them ending up in the midsts of a battle for control.

The skeleton that Jacob is fighting has it's block knocked off, literally. It's head is crushed and spins around on its spine before it cracks and crumbles and collapses into a pile of bones on the floor before turning into dust. DDE glares at Jacob. "You, oversized peabrain, dance for me!" he commands, trying to assert his will on the young man.

The skeleton moving on Claudine is swiped at, but her dance moves are just too good and he ends up swiping at the air. The one on Dyna, however, has much better luck, managing to land a solid hit on the redheaded android to cause her damage as he chatters his teeth meanincingly.

<FS3> Claudine rolls Dancing: Good Success.
<FS3> Opposed Roll — Claudine=physical+dancing Vs Skeleton1=10
< Claudine: Good Success Skeleton1: Great Success
< Net Result: Skeleton1 wins - Solid Victory
<FS3> Dyna rolls Dance: Good Success.
<FS3> Opposed Roll — Dyna=physical+dance Vs Skeleton=10
< Dyna: Failure Skeleton: Good Success
< Net Result: Skeleton wins - Solid Victory
<FS3> Opposed Roll — Wojtek=Physical Vs Skeleton=10
< Wojtek: Success Skeleton: Great Success
< Net Result: Skeleton wins - Crushing Victory

There's a soft curse escaping from her lips. Nowhere in Thriller is there a part with a chair being used as an impromptu weapon which is probably what makes this move a bit more difficult. Still under the mental compulsion, Claudine nosewrinkles as she grabs a nearby chair after a quick sidestep from the skeleton. Spinning, she swings the wooden chair towards the skeleton, but there's too much spin at this point, causing her to just hit empty air.

"If we can get them outside, I can use my powers!" she calls out to the others. Cause she doesn't want to destroy the club afterall.

At the bar, Dyna is locked in a brawl with a skeleton, trying to time her hits around the lingering dance compulsions that rattle around her processes.

The skeleton's talons find Dyna's face, opening up her cheek and drawing a rather ghoulish sound of bone on metal as they strike deep enough to get at her endoskeleton. Dyna moves to piston her fist into her opponent, only for the limb to lock up and seemingly try to carry off a dance routine purely of its own volition. She stares at it, transfixed by this sudden betrayal!

Well, good job, Jacob. Maybe if you'd tried to knock DDE out first? But he's a /person/, if possibly a mean one, and the skeletons are just… well, skeletons. Anyway, he takes another step and tries to fix that mistake, only to get smacked with the full force of the mental assault that sort of just bounced off him earlier. "Dyn-o-MITE! I hear ya, man!" Turning quickly on his heel, he hop-skip-jumps toward Claudine instead, grabbing her by the hips and lifting the young girl up above his head like she was a piece of paper.

<FS3> Opposed Roll — Skeleton2=6 Vs Dyna=Physical+Dancing
< Skeleton2: Failure Dyna: Success
< Net Result: Dyna wins - Marginal Victory
<FS3> Opposed Roll — Skeleton=6 Vs Jacob=Phsyical+Dancing
< Skeleton: Success Jacob: Good Success
< Net Result: Jacob wins - Solid Victory
<FS3> Opposed Roll — Skeleton3=6 Vs Wojtek=Physical
< Skeleton3: Good Success Wojtek: Failure
< Net Result: Skeleton3 wins - Solid Victory
<FS3> Wojtek rolls Body+Body: Good Success.

With Jacob hefting Claudine into the air as if she weighed literally nothing, the dancing couple is able to avoid the swipe of the skeleton that was advancing on them. Likewise, Dyna is able to dance away from the skeleton that tries to cut in further on her, as he wields a non-alcoholic beer as a weapon, as useless as that may be.

Wojtek.. isn't as lucky. The skeletal hand digs into his back and the massive bear lets out a roar of anger mixed with pain. Fortunately, for him, he is a rather large bear and it's going to take a lot to bring him down, though the skeleton definetly brings about some blood.

<FS3> Dyna rolls Dance: Failure.
<FS3> Opposed Roll — Dyna=physical Vs Skeleton=11
< Dyna: Good Success Skeleton: Great Success
< Net Result: Skeleton wins - Solid Victory
<FS3> Claudine rolls Dancing: Good Success.
<FS3> Opposed Roll — Claudine=Physical Vs Skeleton=8
< Claudine: Good Success Skeleton: Good Success
< Net Result: Claudine wins - Marginal Victory
<FS3> Wojtek rolls Dancing: Success.
<FS3> Opposed Roll — Wojtek=Physical Vs Skeleton=9
< Wojtek: Good Success Skeleton: Good Success
< Net Result: DRAW

Dyna's arm continues to jerk abou every which way, like it is trying to complete the Thriller routine on its lonesome. Blood seeps from the wound on her face, metal glinting under the light of the dance floor, and the skeleton's bottle slams into the side of head with a heavy 'thunk'. Luckily, it doesn't break, however.

Oh look! Claudine is raised up and hefted into the air. But she still has that chair in her hands. Nosewrinkling, she looks down at Jacob as she flashes her pearly whites. "How very Dirty Dancing of you… or maybe pairs figure skating." she says, posing in the air, curling her toes back and trying to at least look graceful as she smashes and hits one of the skeletons on the way out.

"I am Baryshnikov!" Jacob declares, continuing onward… but is he heading toward the exit, or away from it? It's not his decision to make just now.

<FS3> Opposed Roll — Skeleton2=4 Vs Jacob=Physical
< Skeleton2: Good Success Jacob: Great Success
< Net Result: Jacob wins - Solid Victory
<FS3> Opposed Roll — Skeleton1=7 Vs Dyna=Physical
< Skeleton1: Good Success Dyna: Success
< Net Result: Skeleton1 wins - Marginal Victory
<FS3> Opposed Roll — Skeleton3=5 Vs Wojtek=Physical
< Skeleton3: Good Success Wojtek: Success
< Net Result: Skeleton3 wins - Marginal Victory
<FS3> Opposed Roll — DDE=10 Vs Jacob=Mind+Psychic
< DDE: Amazing Success Jacob: Success
< Net Result: DDE wins - Crushing Victory

Jacob is actually dancing towards the middle of the dance floor - it's a spotlight dance for him, Claudine, and the skeleton that is trying so hard to cut in and steal the girl, but Claudine's talent mixed with Jacob's is keeping the poor bone creature from scoring a hit on the man.

The battle at the bar continues, as it seems that neither Dyna nor the skeleton can get the upper hand as the two of them are locked in a battle as the skeleton tries to spray soda in the woman's face and fails miserably. Silly skeleton, soda water doesn't spray very far.

Wojtek cannot seem to get a grip on his skeleton as it slashes and connects again and the massive bear lets out a massive roar of pain and frustration.

<FS3> Dyna rolls Dance: Failure.
<FS3> Opposed Roll — Dyna=physical Vs Skeleton=11
< Dyna: Success Skeleton: Great Success
< Net Result: Skeleton wins - Solid Victory
<FS3> Claudine rolls Dancing: Success.

Dyna takes a moment to stare at the skeleton, her head tilting slightly as soda water seems to come just short of her nose. Not that it would have done much had it connected. She shoves at the skeleton, pressing it back to the bar, and then raises her arm to-

Her dancing arm. It comes up, fist clenched, and then hangs there. It buys enough time for the skeleton to get clear.

Well, then she'll just have to win this fight one-handed.

There's a few more twists and twirls and changes of line and body positioning as she's still carried by Jacob. Claudine nosewrinkles, dropping the chair as she looks back towards one of the open doors. "Toss me that way. Once I land, I'll be able to do something or at least maybe stop DDE." she offers, muttering a soft Hail Mary under her breath afterwards. "Just don't toss me into the ocean or something. LIGHT TOSS." she emphasizes.

At first, Jacob doesn't say anything, still trying to get control of his moves again. How do you punch something that's literally all in your head? Aaaaaand there, that feels better now. "On three. /Three/!" And he lets go of Dine, sending her flying. Hopefully not into the ocean.

<FS3> Jacob rolls Super Strength: Good Success.
<FS3> Wojtek rolls Dancing: Failure.
<FS3> Opposed Roll — Wojtek=Physical Vs Skeleton=11
< Wojtek: Good Success Skeleton: Good Success
< Net Result: DRAW
<FS3> Opposed Roll — Skeleton1=5 Vs Jacob=Physical
< Skeleton1: Good Success Jacob: Good Success
< Net Result: DRAW
<FS3> Opposed Roll — Skeleton2=7 Vs Dyna=Physical
< Skeleton2: Great Success Dyna: Good Success
< Net Result: Skeleton2 wins - Marginal Victory
<FS3> Opposed Roll — Skeleton3=7 Vs Wojtek=Physical
< Skeleton3: Success Wojtek: Success
< Net Result: DRAW

Jacob's throw gets a soft touch and Claudine sails across the room, landing where she's needed.

In the meantime, the skeleton that was assaulting Claudine now finds itself with a new dance partner as it grabs at Jacob, but finds that there's no cutting into the super human.

The skeleton battling with Dyna reaches out, grabbing a hold of her twitchy arm and rakes his claws down the flesh, attempting to rip it.

The bear and skeleton continue to tussle, but it seems more like they are dancing together intsead of attacking each other. Maybe its a girl skeleton?

DDE in the meantime, notices Claudine and growls as she gets outside of his psychic influence. "Get back here!" he calls at the girl. "Chicken!" Because that'll work, right?

<FS3> Claudine rolls Acrobatics: Success.
<FS3> Dyna rolls Dance: Good Success.
<FS3> Claudine rolls Geothermal Manipulation: Success.
<FS3> Opposed Roll — Dyna=physical Vs Skeleton=9
< Dyna: Good Success Skeleton: Good Success
< Net Result: DRAW

All those years of being a level ten gymnast has helped. That soft toss in the air causes her to flip before she lands in a crouch and an oomph after a bit of a triple twist. Hearing the taunt at her, her eyes burn bright red as she places her palms upon the very ground itself. The asphalt around her melts as the crust itself breaks and out flows magma as she creates a minivolcano just outside the club. Heat and volcanic gases be damned. Pele-nee-Claudine is pissed.

"Quit this shit or I blow you up!" she cries out with the mini-cano bubbling next to her. She's bluffing, right?

The skeleton's talons part Dyna's fake skin, drawing red lines and the glint of metal undernearth. Of course, the first day she leaves Coral Springs since the rescue mission and she ends up needing /more/ time to heal up. It'd be enough to drive anyone to madness, but the fact that her arm is failing to respond how she needs it to is more than enough of a problem.

Dyna grabs at the skeleton's hand, yanking it into a grapple, and pitting her mechanical strength against its mystical toughness. They seem evenly matched at this point - but who knows for how long?

<FS3> Wojtek rolls Dancing: Success.
<FS3> Opposed Roll — Wojtek=Physical Vs Skeleton=9
< Wojtek: Good Success Skeleton: Good Success
< Net Result: Skeleton wins - Marginal Victory
<FS3> Opposed Roll — Skeleton3=5 Vs Wojtek=Physical
< Skeleton3: Success Wojtek: Good Success
< Net Result: Wojtek wins - Solid Victory
<FS3> Opposed Roll — Skeleton2=5 Vs Dyna=Physical
< Skeleton2: Success Dyna: Good Success
< Net Result: Dyna wins - Solid Victory
<FS3> Wojtek rolls 4: Success.

Wojtek is able to break his contact with the skeleton, the two of them swiping at each other and missing. The Skeleton attacking Dyna tries to rip it's arm away and is unable to, held tight by the redhead for the moment as he's unable to get away.

DDE blinks at Claudine. "I'm the only thing keeping these creatures from running wild!" he tries to bluff back, backing further away. Surely she wouldn't burn down the place just to try to get at him. But she can tell, she just unsettled him. Making people dance is literally his only power.

<FS3> Dyna rolls Dance: Good Success.
<FS3> Opposed Roll — Dyna=physical Vs Skeleton=9
< Dyna: Good Success Skeleton: Good Success
< Net Result: Skeleton wins - Marginal Victory

<FS3> Claudine rolls Dancing: Good Success.
<FS3> Claudine rolls Geothermal Manipulation: Failure.
<FS3> Opposed Roll — Jacob=Physical Vs DDE=5
< Jacob: Success DDE: Good Success
< Net Result: DDE wins - Marginal Victory

The pair seem evenly matched. Dyna and the skeleton hold there, each one fighting for advantage. About the most the skeleton gets is turning Dyna and slamming her against the bar - but luckily for the club, it won't be leaving any damage that can't be quickly seen to.

There's still a good beat going on in there. Remembering some of the more sacred dances of her people, Claudine begins to start one of the fire dances, moving her arms about as she crouches low. There's a few spurts from the minicano, but there's still nothing that happens for the moment. It's kind of anticlimactic really.

"I'm serious!" A beat. "Or if you make them stop, I'll go out on a date with you." Maybe that ship has sailed, but who knows?

Running wild, huh? Well, the skeletons were doing that /anyway/, and the others seem to have them at least decently in check. "Sorry, man," Jacob calls out, "you should've taken a hint—" And hauls back to take a swing at DDE. No super strength this time, just trying to knock the wind out of him.

DDE hears the call from Claudine, and even as he uses his powers to make Jacob dance away from him so he can't score a hit, Claudine's words hit him harder than any punch. What did she just say?

All the skeletons stop in their tracks, dancing in place as DDE considers.

"That a promise?" he asks as the Prince of Dance looks confused at the woman as he glances at the others, and then back at the skeleton.

There's a soft sigh and she looks at the others. Claudine frowns as she notices the battered and bruised state of her other classmates. Nosewrinkling, she remains outside the zone of influence of DDE's powers. "If you stop right now, I might even let you get to first base!" she calls out while making a punching motion with one of her firsts. Totes sucker punch the skeletons or DDE guys!

<FS3> Opposed Roll — Dyna=physical Vs Skeleton=0
< Dyna: Good Success Skeleton: Failure
< Net Result: Dyna wins - Solid Victory
<FS3> Opposed Roll — Wojtek=Physical Vs Skeleton3=0
< Wojtek: Good Success Skeleton3: Success
< Net Result: Wojtek wins - Marginal Victory
<FS3> Opposed Roll — Jacob=Physical Vs DDE=5
< Jacob: Good Success DDE: Success
< Net Result: Jacob wins - Solid Victory

The skeletons stop in their tracks, dancing in place.

Dyna pauses then and, after a moment, punches her opponent square in the back of the neck, robotic fist meeting vertebrae.

Jacob blinks at Claudine's words, too. Is she seriously—? Then he catches that little hand motion, and nods, spinning around and clubbing a forearm into the back of DDE's neck. Bye, Felicia!

"First base now." DDE counter-demands. She looks like she's a hot kisser, what with the flames and the lava and all of that heat. Then he too notices the motion, and his pleasure becomes betrayl. That's twice Claudine's suckered him. "You bi—!" the rest doesn't come out as Jacob's massive punch knocks out the would-be villain student as Wojtek finally gets in a last smash on the skeleton that causes it to collapse.

The last skeleton, broken of it's thrall to DDE by Jacob's punch starts to shamble out of the building into the parking lot, heading right for Claudine and her self-made volcano. She didn't even use baking soda and vinegar!

<FS3> Claudine rolls Dancing: Success.
<FS3> Opposed Roll — Claudine=energy+dancing Vs Skeleton=10
< Claudine: Good Success Skeleton: Good Success
< Net Result: Skeleton wins - Marginal Victory

Once more, Claudine begins one of the Hawaiian fire dances, moving her arms gracefully before turning into a little pirouette with her leg extended. It's almost like a classical fouette really, but not. There's something more primal in her movements as a hot rock of solidified magma glows and zips by the skeleton. Perhaps she was too annoyed to aim properly, but it whizzes by the skelebaddy before cooling down to land harmlessly near the curb. "DAMNIT!"

Dyna watches DDE hit the deck. "Not quite murder on the dance floor," she says dryly. She's got a few nasty cuts, particularly along her face and arm, but she seems alright. She looks to her arm, and then thumps it with her fist, which seems to solve that problem.

Until she shuffles about on her heels, turning a full three-sixty.

<FS3> Opposed Roll — Jacob=Super Strength Vs Skeleton=0
< Jacob: Great Success Skeleton: Success
< Net Result: Jacob wins - Solid Victory

<Are you alright?> Wojtek asks in his bear Russian growl accents as he approaches Dyna, though doesn't get too close. <This was not a movie.> he says with what may have been a smile on his snout as he presses his hand against his side. <You are injured.> he points out in concern as he turns his attention to the last skeleton heading outside. And the Dyna pirouettes and the bear is looking around, expecting DDE to have recovered to go back on the attack.

While Claudine's attack misses, Jacob's connects, crushing the poor skeleton and leaving it a pile of dust, as the victory is earned by the small group of heroes against the seinor that was totally rejected by the little fire goddess.

With the skeletons taken care of, Jacob looks down at DDE, shaking his head a little. "You're a pig," he mutters. "You guys okay?" he asks, looking around to check on Claudine and Dyna.

Now that the fray seems to have finished. Claudine concentrates repairing the asphalt and the melted crust, returning things to normal. Huffing and puffing, she looks towards Jacob. "Yeah, I mean, just wounded pride really. I mean, I'm surprised the offer of me letting him get to first base made him stop." A soft chuckle of amusement escapes from her lips. "That's not something they teach during training."

With that said, she looks out to the others. "Are you all okay?"

Dyna pulls the hood of her sweatshirt up, trying to use it and the low lighting of the dance floor to hide the exposed metal of her face. "I am fine," she tells Wojtek, although the arm of her hoodie has been cut to ribbons and stained red with seeping blood. "The damage is only cosmetic," she tells him, Jacob and Claudine. Pause as she examines her clothes. "But I did like this sweatshirt."

<It was a nice shirt.> Wojtek says with that heavy accent in everyone's head, as he can't really direct his telepathy as it's his 'voice'. <I am slightly injured but can sleep it better. Either of you are hurt?> he asks as the bear drops down to all fours and the neon glow still hangs off of him. <I am Wojtek. This is Dyna. We are new students. Are you as well?>

Jacob blinks and watches as Claudine does her repair thing, now he has time to actually pay attention to it without anyone fighting or puppeting. "Nice trick," he says, gesturing toward the seam. "Jacob, hi. I've been here… about six months, now? I'm fine, bit of a headache is all. That was /not/ fun." If it was any more not-fun, he might give DDE an extra kick while he's down for good measure.

"Claudine." she offers as introduction, looking up at the rather large telepathic bear. She blinks, jaw dropping for a few moments, cause even this is weird for her. "I've been here for a while, I'm a junior." she explains while tucking some loose strands of hair behind her ears. "I think we're fine." A glance to DDE. "He isn't. Who wants to carry him back to campus for some major detention?"

The ferry was a lot slower than she expected, but while Tabitha's strength was mostly returned by the assistance she received from other students she still doesn't feel quite ready to fly again. The loss of gravity inside her aura reminds her too much of… no, best not to think of that. When she left medbay she went to the locker room instead of her dorm, grabbing her workout leotard to wear and then forming a solid illusion of more substantial clothing over top of it. In this case, a copy of her less flamboyant stage outfit; black jeans, knee-high canvas boots, red blouse over white t-shirt, and a black jacket with both a hood and a veil covering her head and upper face.

She needed to get some time to herself. Somewhere she could think. Somewhere… that seems to be the site of a rather violent attack of… skeletons? She might not be recognizable in her current outfit, but she comes in from the entrance and looks around. Behind the veil her eye sockets widen as her aura takes in the scene. Crushed skeletons, various people, Jacob, a bear, someone that reads as metal… huh. "So…" her voice is soft but she still makes it carry with a combination of vocal training and a little aura boosting. "Did I miss the DJ's choice couples dance?"

<Couple's dance? No couples here.> Wojtek says. However at the suggestion that someone needs to haul off DDE, the large bear leans down and uses his mouth to pick up the student by the back of his jacket as he looks at Tabitha, peering a bit curiously as his nose wrinkles. <You smell familiar. You were in space.> he says with a nod of his head, bouncing the poor unconscious villain against the floor.

Well, Jacob was picking up Claudine earlier but /not like that/. "This guy was trying to force the issue," he answers Tabitha, gesturing toward DDE as Wojtek hauls him up. "Pretty rude of him if you ask me."

"I was also in space," Dyna tells Tabitha. Then, she gestures vaguely at her own face and arms as she turns to Wojtek. "I will help you with him," she says, indicating DDE. "I am not exactly dance floor material at this point."

Tabitha walks the rest of the way in, stopping at the bar to hop up on one of the chairs then lean her head over and give a brief upnod to the people ducked behind. "'Sup, Greg? Still got that tangerine/dragonfruit mixed juice?" The bartender in question just gives her a 'wtf' look before nodding slowly. She gives him a perky grin, her mouth and jaw being the only visible parts of her face. "Great!" Then she hops down to the floor again and walks over towards the people who are obviously either Coral Springs students she hasn't met or the circus is in town. Odds are on the former.

When she hears the Russian accented mental voice she looks towards the bear. She falters at the comment about being in space. "Yes… how…" Then the girl who reads as metal to her aura mentions being in space and she Gets It. "Ah." She instead focuses on the person in the bear's mouth, "Yeah, very rude." She gives him a closer read with her aura and recognizes him. "Huh. Guess who won't be graduating."

Glancing at Dyna, Wojtek considers for a moment and moves to rise up to carry DDE more properly. <Very well.> he agrees with Dyna accompanying him as he moves towards the door, glancing at the others. <It was good to meet you.> he says as he prepares to depart, bringing Dyna with him.

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License